Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lichen - Greenway - Nature Notes





I took these photos on a recent visit to Agatha Christie's home in Devon 'Greenway House'. The post about my visit can be found on Travel Tales
  1. lichen is a composite organism that emerges from algae or cyanobacteria (or both) living among filaments of a fungus in a mutually beneficial (symbiotic) relationship. The whole combined life form has properties that are very different from properties of its component organisms.
  2. Lichen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen
Nature Notes Meme

13 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty captures of the texture and lichen..Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first shot belongs in a fairy tale it is so magical.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo of lichen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lichen is beautiful, Mascha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your capture the lichen are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images.
    Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-walk-on-beach.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your lichen. I have read that it's a sign of very clean air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many different kinds of Lichen, this is very pretty. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful woods. I learned about lichen here in Florida at our slough. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these so much, Linda. :-) Lichen is, to me, so magical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow...It has such a magical quality to it. I have never seen anything like that before. Great photos and information... Michelle from Nature Notes,,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back - we're tickled pink (just been looking at your previous posts!) to see you back/ Lovin' your litchen!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my photography blog, where I share the world as seen through my lens. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me but no longer individual replies unless you have a question, which I will respond to here. Your praise and kind words are always appreciated but to keep saying thankyou to you all individually, in an original way is not easy. So I am saying it here instead, a massive thankyou from my heart for all the wonderful support, your comments are a great encouragement to me.